The importance of cybersecurity is increasing day by day and its industry is rapidly growing by time. As more industry expert and professionals join the ranks, more malware and attaching techniques are being launched than ever before. An estimated amount of 230,000 new malware samples are designed per day.
Although more effective resources are being deployed to counter cyber-attacks, the nature of this industry still has to do a lot of work to catch up with these threats.
It’s has become essential for us to describe what the current knowledge security and cybersecurity industry looks like with these alarming 13 Cyber Security Facts and Stats
1) 95% of loopholes are recorded only in three industries in 2016
Te big entities like Government, retail, and technology faced serious issues. The reason isn’t necessarily because those industries are less attentive in their defense of customer confidential records. They’re just actual popular targets because of the high ranked of personal identifying information restricted in their records.
2) There is a Cyber-attack in every 39 seconds
A Clark School research at the University of Maryland is one of the initial to measure the near-constant rate of cyber-attacks of computers with Internet access every 39 seconds on an average, disturbing one in three Americans every year and the non-secure usernames and passwords we use that provide cybercriminals more opportunities of success.
3) 43% of cyber-attacks hit small business
64% of organizations have faced web-based attacks. 62% experienced phishing & social engineering attacks. 59% of organizations faced malicious code and botnets and 51% faced denial of service attacks. These comes under the alarming situation.
4) An average cost of a data breach in 2020 will exceed b150 million
As more business infrastructure gets connected, Juniper Research data suggests that cyber crime will cost businesses over $2 trillion total in 2019.
5) Since 2013 there are 3,809,448 records stolen from breaches every day
158,727 per hour, 2,645 per minute and 44 every second of every day reports Cybersecurity Ventures.
6) Over 7 percent of health care industry has been infested with loopholes that integrate malware over last year
The research examined 700 healthcare companies including medical dealing facilities, health insurance assistances and healthcare manufacturing organizations.
7) Large-scale DDoS cyber-attacks rise in size by 500 percent
8) Around $6 trillion is predictable to be spent worldwide on cybersecurity by 2021
Companies have to make a fundamental change in their method to cybersecurity and restructure budgets to align with this newly described realism of our modern world.
9) Unfilled cybersecurity jobs globally will reach $3.5 million by 2021
More than 300,000 cybersecurity jobs in the U.S. are vacant, and postings are up 74% over the last five years.
10) By 2020 there will be approximately 200 billion connected devices
The risk is genuine with IoT and its rising. According to given figures compiled within a recent Symantec Internet Security Threat Report, there are 25 connected digital devices per 100 inhabitants in the United States.
11) 95% of cybersecurity breaches are because of human error
Cyber-attackers and hackers will penetrate in your organization through your weakest link, which is nearly never in the IT sector.
12) Only 38% of global companies claim they are ready to manage a sophisticated cyber attack
What’s inferior? An estimated 54% of organizations say they have experienced one or more attacks in the previous 12 months.
13) Total cost for cybercrime committed worldwide has added up to over $1 trillion dollars in 2018
Don’t think too much that all that money comes from hackers targeting organizations, banks or wealthy celebrities. Individual persons like you and me are also being targeted. As long as you’re well-connected to the Internet, you can become a target of cyber-criminals.